- Free parking and shuttles to and from launch locations are provided.
- Paddlers must bring their own canoe or kayak and personal flotation device.
- Paddlers must be 13 years or older. Paddlers under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or chaperone. Paddlers 16-17 must provide written parental consent within one week of event.
- Free, secure overnight boat storage is provided Saturday night.
- Campers must bring their own camping gear.
Pets will not be permitted on boats. Dogs are allowed on the PaddlePower 5K Walk and other event venues subject to the following restrictions and courtesies.
- By signing the participation release when registering, dog owners agree to assume all liability for any injuries or damage caused by their dog while participating in PaddlePower.
- Dogs must be under control at all times and on a leash (non-retractable and 6 feet or shorter). Dogs that are aggressive or display improper or impolite canine behavior in any way may be asked to leave the event site at once.
- Dog owners must clean up after their dogs and are expected to bring waste bags and dispose of waste in trash cans.
- On the day of the event, dogs must be licensed and up to date on vaccinations, including but not limited to rabies, bordetella, and distemper shots.
- Dogs are not permitted within food tents or on the water.
- No pets will be permitted on PaddlePower shuttle buses.
Water Safety Information
Water sports require special attention to safety. The Connecticut River between Orford, NH and Wilder, VT is considered slow-moving. To ensure your safety, experienced safety personnel will be on the river throughout the two-day paddle.
We ask all participants to follow basic safety rules – a copy of our full safety plan is available upon request and is on file with the New Hampshire Division of Marine Safety. (For more detailed information, please review the registration form).
In addition, safety staff and volunteers will be on hand to assist as needed. If you get fatigued, if you develop aches and pains or blisters, if you need water or a snack, we are there to help.